Sometimes the device may show strong Wi-Fi signals but there could be no internet access. This can happen when you switch from one band to the other, however, it is temporary and won’t last long. Are you facing the Xfinity wifi connected but no internet access problem? Then do not worry this problem can be resolved in a few steps.
Most of the time, when you are connected with the Wi-fit but there is no internet access it can cause a lot of misunderstanding and confusion. While using Xfinity you are bound to experience “Wi-fi connected but no internet access” problem. Many times, this problem arises when the setting of the operating settings is changed or there is some change in the settings of the router. Whatever, the reason is it clearly means that you need to fix this problem in order to stream content on Xfinity.
Check the Router
First of all, you will have to identify whether there is a problem with the router. To check that connect some other device to the Wi-Fi and see if the device works or not. If the internet is working fine on other devices, then this means that the problem is with the adapter. But, if the internet is unable to connect with other devices as well, then this means that there is some problem with the internet connection or the router.
To fix this Xfinity wifi connected but no internet access problem, you can restart the device. Restarting will help in deleting the caches and can fix a lot of software or network related problems.
If the router and the modem are not connected then try restarting both of them.
- Turn off the modem/router.
- Wait for a minute, and let it rest.
- First, turn on the modem and then after a minute turn on the router.
- Wait for some time and then check.
Check your device
If the internet is accessible on another device through a wireless connection, then one thing is for sure that either there is a problem in the device or the adapter. To fix this problem, the first thing that you need to do is restart the device. When it comes to the router, network issues, and software-related glitches, these problems are often resolved after restarting the device. However, if the Xfinity connected but no internet access problem continues then you can follow these steps:
- Go to the task tray at the bottom right corner. Then right-click and go to the network icon.
- Select troubleshoot problems here.
- Now, windows will troubleshoot and try detecting any problem on its end.
- If the problem is unresolved, then sometimes it will tell you what the problem is.
- You can check the solution for this problem or connect at 1-888-335-1333 for expert guidance on this issue.
Check the IP Address Issue
Sometimes the issue with IP address may be the reason why Xfinity WiFi connected but no internet access.
Usually, it happens that can’t connect to xfinity wifi when there is more than one device connected with the same IP address. That is why both of the connected devices are unable to connect to the internet.
You can follow these steps to resolve this issue:
- Go to the command prompt. Type “ipconfig/release” and enter. Select on ok or press enter.
Now, the DHCP server will give a new IP address to the device you are using. If this does now work then,you can follow these steps:
- Go to windows and then press “R”.
- Now, enter “ncpa.pl”. This will open all of the available network options.
- Choose the network you are using. By right-clicking on it and then “select” properties option here.
- Here you will have to choose the IPv4 option. Then go to the properties option.
- Next, choose “obtain the IP address automatically”.
- Then, select “DNS server address automatically option.
These steps shall resolve the issue of WiFi connected but no internet access. If nothing seems to work this could be because of the problem in the DHCP server. In such a case, try calling at 1-888-335-1333 for help.
Reset the Equipment
You can fix the issue of Xfinity WiFi connected but no internet access by power cycling the equipment. This simply means that you need to switch off and then switch it on again. Follow these steps to resolve this problem:
- Switch off the computer.
- Now, unplug the modem.
- Also, unplug the router.
- Plug in the modem and wait for a while till the light on the modem re-appears.
- If you have a separate router then wait for the lights to turn on.
- Switch on the computer and the problem will more likely be resolved.
Troubleshoot Connectivity Affecting Single Devices
The solution that is mentioned above focuses on resolving the issues related to the network. However, if you are having connectivity problems with a specific device then the best solution is to troubleshoot using the Xfinity Wi-Fi.
Moreover, if the internet is not connecting then you can troubleshoot with the help of Xfinity My Account application. Follow these steps for more:
- Log in your account on to Xfinity app.
- Go to the overview page and then choose to troubleshoot a device option.
- Now choose the individual device that I shaving a problem
Tips that Can Help in Improving Xfinity WiFi Connectivity
- Place the device in the area where the range is proper.
- Place it in a raised position.
- Make sure there are no obstacles or obstructions that may be blocking the signals.
- Also, check the Wi-Fi name and the password entered are the same for the network.
These are some of the most common solutions to fix Xfinity WiFi connected but no internet access. This problem is quite common however, it must be resolved as soon as possible. If you are facing trouble in resolving this issue then try connecting to a technician at 1-888-335-1333. They can guide you through the process step by step and also help in finding the right solution.