Error 43 is one of the most common errors that you may come across in Windows. So, if you are seeing something like Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) then it means that you need to get these problems resolved to use Windows without any hassle.
When you see this error it means that Windows is not able to recognize the hardware and has reported a problem. However, sometimes it can also mean a hardware related issue.
If you are seeing error code 43 then the first thing that you need to know is that it is a very common error that can occur at any time in your Windows PC. But the good news is that this is an issue that can be easily fixed if you follow the troubleshooting solutions properly.
In this guide, we have discussed in detail the steps that you can follow to resolve code 43 issues. However, if you are new and have limited technical knowledge then it is best to get in touch with the experts for help and support.
What do you understand by Windows has Stopped this Device because it has Reported Problems (code 43)?
So, the first thing that may come across your mind is what actually is the error code 43 about? And how does it occur? Many users do not really know about the error code in Windows and what they can do to fix the issue.
Talking about this error it is related to the Device Manager. So, if you are getting this error while using a USB or any other hardware device then it means that the operating system of the device is not working or has failed.
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) Now, that you know the reason why the error code 43 may occur here are the solutions that can help you in resolving the problem.
Here are the solutions that can help you in fixing this error. However, if you need more information and technical solution then it is best to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Restart the Computer
In case of a desktop, you need to take out the USB plug and then go to the Windows and then Power and click on the Restart button.
However, in case of a laptop just by removing the USB cable won’t help as the battery still has charge. In this situation, you need to turn off the laptop and then also take out the battery.
Now insert the battery and restart the laptop. Wait for a couple of minutes for the PC to complete the setup process. Now, plug in the USB drive back and then see Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) is resolved or not.
Fix the Device Driver
If the Windows recognizes a hardware related problem or the driver issues then follow the steps mentioned below to fix this problem.
Update the Drivers of the Device
- Make sure you have installed the latest drivers that are for the USB Drive. In most cases, installing the latest drivers for the USB drive will help in fixing the error code 43.
- On the search icon type Device and Manager and then select Device Manager. Now, a list of options will be available here you need to select your computer name.
- Check out the Properties option and then right-click on it.
- Then click on search automatically for driver options.
Check the USB Driver
As mentioned earlier in this blog usually the Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) is associated with either a problem in the hardware or with the drivers. So, make sure to check the USB driver.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device driver and then select Properties.
- Then select the Driver and click on Roll Back Driver option.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver
Many users may be able to resolve the problem with the Windows or the error code 43 simply by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Go to the Start and then open Device Manager.
- Now from the list of options choose the device that is not working properly. Right-click on the device and then select the uninstall option.
- Now, a message will prompt on the screen informing you about the uninstallation of the drivers. Click on ok.
- Right-click on the computer you are using in the Device Manager. Then click on scan for changes. Now, the Device Manager will run a complete scan of your system. Also, the drivers will be reinstalled in your device.
- Now, right-click on the device and then select Properties. Now, you will see a message in the tab saying this device is working properly.
Re-enable the Device
- If you have tried the solutions mentioned above but are still seeing Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code43). Then you can re-enable the device to fix the error.
- Open the Driver and then select Disable the Device and then select the Enable Device option. This will re-enable the USB driver and can help in fixing error code 43.
If nothing seems to work then an outdated BIOS can be the reason why your seeing code 43 error in your Windows PC. Make sure to check the status of your BIOS before you run an update. If the version you are using is outdated then make sure to update it and get the latest version.
If you are seeing error code 43 then Windows may not be able to detect the USB drive and result in other hardware related issues. You can also recover the data through hardware recovery data software.
In this guide, we have covered in detail the solutions that can help you fix Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) issue.
But, if you are not a technically inclined person you may face a little of a problem in resolving this error on your own. If you are in doubt or the error 43 is still unfixed get in touch with the technical support team for an expert solution.