In this blog, we are going to help you understand how to set up Alexa’s voice and Echo Dot on your device.
In the first steps, you first need to set up Echo Dot and then set up the Wink hub talk with the Echo Dot.
It is quite an easy process however, you need to be very careful while following the steps and completing the setup.
The Echo Dot is just like any other member of the Echo family and it performs all of the functions just like any other member of the Echo family.
You can also add Alexa personal assistance feature to make it all very convenient and easy for all.
Amazon has expanded their family in the coming years however, if you are trying to control the Z wave devices using the Alexa and Echo Dot then you can follow the guide mentioned below.
However, in case you are having any issue or are confused by following the steps then get in touch with the technical support team for help and guidance.
Steps to Follow to Install Wink Hub Alexa on Echo Dot
- The first thing that you need to check on your Echo Dot is that the Amazon Voice unit is connected or not.
- In case there is an issue connecting the Amazon Voice unit then seek help from the professionals.
- Now plug in the Wink Hub into the power source and make sure it is kept 5 feet or farther from the router or the modem.
- Once you see the purple light on the Wink hub proceed further.
- Now, you need to download and install the Wink hub for android devices.
- Now when the app is downloaded open the app.
- Once the Wink hub is connected it is time for you to connect the Alexa Z wave device.
- Now you need to plugin the Z wave device to the power outlet with the Wi-Fi range of your router.
- If possible try placing the Z wave closer to the router and once the pairing is done you can place it somewhere else too.
- Now, you can use the Wink hub app to add a new device.
- When the Wink app prompts which kind of device would you like to add, then you can select the Z wave option.
- In case you are facing any trouble while trying to connect the Wink app with the Z device then you can fix this issue easily.
- Simply go to the settings and then select the exclusion mode and then press the button on the Z device.
- Now you can use the Alexa app to find out the Wink hub and other Wink devices that are turned on.
- Once Alexa is able to recognize the device you can control the Z device by asking Alexa Turn on or off the XYZ device. So you can do the same for Echo Dot as well.
Echo Dot work superb on its own. Besides, the voice control option has opened up endless possibilities and made everything very easy for the users.
Here in this blog, we have mentioned in detail the steps that you need to take to control Z device using Alexa and Echo Dot.
However, it is quite common to experience issues while using these devices. If you are facing the same problem then do not worry as you are not alone.