If you want to print documents or get prints of the photographs then HP printers are considered as one of the best. For a long period, HP is known as one of the top manufacturers of printers.
HP printers have a different type of functions and features and also come in different types of the model so you can choose what suits best for your requirements.
HP is a trusted and reliable manufacturer of printers and is known for offering some of the best printers in the market.
However, sometimes while using these printers you may come across a few issues. HP printer won’t turn on is a common issue that you can resolve easily.
You can follow the basic troubleshooting solutions that can help in fixing the HP printer won’t turn on the problem for you.
But if you are new and are using these printers for the first time then it is best to seek help from the HP printer technical support team.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Resolve HP Printer Won’t Turn on
Printer problems vary; however, most common problems include power issues, driver issues, paper jams, and others.
There are many reasons why you may come across issues while using the HP printer which includes software and hardware related problems.
However, they can be fixed if you follow the basic troubleshooting guidelines that are mentioned in this blog.
Steps to Resolve HP Printer won’t turn on Problem
- Plug-in the power cable of the printer into the printer and then turn on the power button and wait until the printer is turned on. If you do not see the power light turning on then press the power button again.
- Sometimes the printer can take a while in turning on so wait for a few minutes. Make sure you are not holding the power button for too long as it may turn on and then off again.
- Take out the plug of the printer and also switch off the power source. Check if the power cable is damaged then you need to replace it.
- If the HP printer is under warranty then you can replace it under warranty.
- You need to note that you need to detach the power module from the printer and then try connecting the printer to the power source.
- If the green light on the power module is not seen get in touch with the HP printer technical team for help.
- Plug-in the power supply to the HP printer again and connect it to the power source. Make sure the power cable is properly connected to the power module.
- If the printer is still not turning on the try using another power outlet. If the printer turns on then there is an issue with the power outlet and not the HP printer.
- Take out the USB cable connector that can be found at the back of the printer. Now turn on the HP printer.
- If the printer turns on without the USB cable connector then it can be the reason for the issue.
- In this case, you need to change the USB cable connection or try using another USB port as there can be an issue in the USB port.
- If replacing the USB cable connector does not seem to work then you will have to get help from the printer technicians.
These are some of the solutions that you can try to resolve ‘HP printer won’t turn on’ issue.