Do you own a Firestick? Is Netflix not working on Firestick and the issue that you are facing? Then do not worry as we are going to help you find the best solution to resolve this problem.
Read this blog to know about the solutions that can help you fix the Netflix not working on Amazon Firestick.
Firestick is one of the most popular devices that allows you to stream all kinds of content and watch them for fun and entertainment.
And of course, there is nothing better than having and firestick and using it watch content on Netflix.
However, you need to have a good internet connection to stream some of the most amazing content on Netflix.
However, sometimes you may experience problems which may cause Netflix not working on firestick issue.
Here we will discuss some of the most common errors that you may come across while streaming Netflix using a firestick. Let us see what you can do in such a situation.
Things You Can Do If Netflix Not Working on Firestick is the Problem
Check if the Netflix is Down
First of all, you need to see whether Netflix is down or not. Sometimes the Netflix not working on firestick can be because the Netflix is down.
You can check this by going to the official page of Netflix and see if there is any update from their side.
If Netflix is down then you cannot do anything about it. You will have to wait for it to be resolved on its own from its end. However, if Netflix is not down then you can follow the steps that are mentioned below.
Check the Internet Connection
The very next thing that you need to do is check the internet connection. Most of the times Netflix not working on firestick problems arises because of an issue in internet connectivity.
- Try connecting another device with the wi-fi and see if other devices can connect.
- Restart the wi-fi network and see if it fixes the problem. You can get in touch with the experts to get information about the wireless network you are connected to and find a solution.
Delete the Cached data
Many times, the cached data can be the reason behind Netflix not working on firestick problems. In this case, you must clear the cache data.
Moreover, by clearing the cache you can also resolve some of the streaming problems. Here is what you can do to clear the cache data.
- Go to the home screen of your fire TV and then open the menu.
- Navigate using the remote to go to the settings option.
- Then select the ‘applications’ option here.
- Go to ‘managed installed application’ and choose it.
- Go down and check Netflix and then select it.
- Go to force stop and select it.
- If you are unable to find the force stop option or are confused then seeking help from the experts is the best thing to do.
- Then go down and select clear cache.
- Navigate to the home screen and then select Netflix.
- Check if Netflix not working on the firestick problem is fixed or not.
Uninstall and then Reinstall the App
If Netflix not working on firestick problem persists then there are chances of having a problem in the app. So, you can try uninstalling the app and then download it back again.
It is one of the easiest troubleshooting steps however, it can help in resolving a lot of glitches in the app. Follow these steps to get it further done.
- Use the fire tv remote to go to the menu.
- Navigate and then select settings option.
- Now, select managed installed apps option here.
- Select Netflix and then select it.
Once the app is uninstalled you can follow these steps to reinstall it again.
- Use the remote to go to the fire tv menu.
- Go to the top of the search bar, write Netflix and then search for it.
- Choose the Netflix app as it appears on the screen.
- Install the app.
- After installing the app use your log in details to sign in to your Netflix account.
Update the Netflix App
If you are facing Netflix not workingon firestick problem then there are possibilities that you need to update the Netflix app. That is why you need to update the app to the latest app.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to update the Netflix app.
- Navigate using the buttons to go to the app section.
- Scroll to go to the Netflix app.
- Tap the app to check if you need to update the app or not.
Updating the app can fix a lot of technical glitches and can help in resolving Netflix not working on firestick issue.
Update the Firmware Version
Sometimes your Netflix may not work on firestick because you are using an outdated version of the firmware.
So, it is always good to update the firestick to avoid any hassle. Here are steps that you can follow to update firmware:
- Using the navigation buttons go to the home screen.
- Select the settings option.
- Select the “choose” option and then select the “About” option here.
- Now you will be able to see the current version of your firmware.
- Go to “check system update” and then select it. It will automatically download if anything needs to be updated.
Then, select the install system update option.
Otherwise, it will automatically install whenever you restart the device.
Netflix App Not Found on Firestick
Usually, most of the users have a complain that they have tried doing everything to fix Netflix not working on firestick issue but nothing works.
However, the reason for this is always because they are not following the steps correctly. Or it can also happen because they do not know the exact reason that is causing the problem.