Experiencing Netflix Error Code UI-800-2 while using Netflix is very common. However, different error code means different problem so you need to know exactly what the problem is, in order to solve it. Talking about Netflix error code ui-800-2, it happens when you need to refresh the information that is stored on the device. This issue can typically arise in any device like Smart Tv, Blu-Ray, Roku, Set-top-box, and other streaming devices. The other reason for this error can be poor internet connection, problem in the device connectivity, error in the Netflix app, or something else. But these reasons are quite rare.
Since, Netflix error code ui-800-2 usually occurs when the data is not refreshed in the device. The solutions mentioned below will help you find the way to refresh the data and solve the error. Here are some of the solutions you can follow:
Restart the Wi-Fi
- Turn on the Wi-Fi by unplugging it from the power source.
- Wait for a minute for it to rest.
- Then, turn it on and again wait for a minute.
- Now, go to Netflix to see if the same error persists.
Sign in/out your Netflix Account
- Go to the settings or gear box.
- Then, choose reset, deactivate or sign out option.
- However, some setting box do not have this option. In this case, you will have to deactivate by pressing the up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, up, up, with the help of the arrow. If you are unable to get sign out option then call at 1-888-335-1333 for further details.
- Then, select the reset/sign out/ deactivate option as it appears on the screen.
- When you are signed out from the Netflix account and then sign in again.
Restart the Device
In many cases, you can resolve Netflix error ui-800-2 by restarting the streaming device. It will power cycle the device and help you resolve the error as soon as possible. Follow these steps:
- Turn off the streaming device. If the device does not have a shut down option then start with the next step.
- Plug out the device as well as the TV from the power source.
- Leave them on rest for at least a couple of minutes.
- Plug in the TV and the streaming device.
- Switch on the TV.
- Now, check if the Netflix error ui-800-2 is gone or not.
Clear Cache or the App Data
In some device you will have an option of clearing the cache or the app data on the menu. However, some device does not have this option on the menu. However, they do clear the data when you power cycle the device.
If the device does not have this option on the menu then turning off the device, and then turning it on again will help in clearing the app data or the cache.
You can call at 1-888-335-1333 to know how to clear cache data on your specific device. The technicians can assist you in providing more information step by step for error code ui-800-2.
If none of the solutions given above work there are high chances that something is wrong in the software, in such a case it is always better to call the technicians at 1-888-335-1333 for more guidance how to fix Netflix error code ui-800-2.