How to fix netflix error code nw-4-8?If you are using Netflix to stream content then you would know that Netflix errors are very common and anyone can face it. Whether you use Roku, Apple Tv or any other device these errors can be observed on any of the devices. Netflix error code nw-4-8 is one of the errors that many Netflix subscribers face now and then.
In this blog, we will learn how to fix netflix error code nw-4-8 and what you can do if you happen to face this error.
Usually, netflix error code nw-4-8 occurs when the information stored in the device is not refreshed. This can occur because of a problem in the network. However, you can fix this error in just a few steps:
Check the Internet Connection
The first and the most obvious thing that you need to do is to check the internet connection. Because most of the time the error code nw-4-8 occurs when there is a network connectivity problem.
- If you are using a wireless network then the thing that you need to do is connect to the network using an ethernet cable. If you are unable to connect to the network for expertise and information.
- If the problem is unresolved after connecting using an ethernet cable you can try using Netflix on some other device.
Change the DNS Settings
May times Netflix error nw-4-8 may occur because of the configuration problem in the DNS settings. Altering the DNS settings to the manual can help you fix the error code nw-4-8. Here are the steps you need to follow to change DNS settings.
- Use the remote of your device to go to the settings option.
- Use the buttons to navigate the DNS settings.
- Go to system settings > network settings > network > configure network > DNS Setting.
- Here, you can select the manual option. If you are unable to see this option get in touch with the experts for support and guidance.
- Add the public DNS address of Google.
- Restart the device.
- Check if the Netflix error is resolved.
Check the Version of your Netflix App
The netflix error code nw-4-8 can also arise if there are some glitches in the Netflix app. That is why you need to check the version of the app and update it if required.
- Go to the home page and then choose the ‘more details’ option.
- Here, you need to select the device information option.
- Check the SDK version.
If the SDK version between 4.0 to 4.0.5, then you will have to update the version of the Netflix app. Then, here’s what you can do.
- Try to factory reset your device.
- Check for any firmware update and do it if required.
Restore the DNS Settings
You might have customized your DNS Settings and that could be the reason you are seeing netflix error code nw-4-8. That is why you need to restore the default DNS settings.
- Disable VPN connection or proxy server and connect directly with the network.
Change the DNS settings from custom to automatic.
The above-mentioned solutions are basic troubleshooting tips that are easy and may help you resolve the Netflix error code nw-4-8. However, if the problem is not fixed the best thing you can do is get professional help.