Are you seeing Netflix error 40104 while using the app on your iPhone, iPod or iPad device? Then do not worry as this error can be resolved in just a few steps. When error 40104 occurs it simply then you will be prompted with a message ‘cannot play title. Please try again later’. This message means that you are facing Netflix error code 40104.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail what this error is and how you can resolve it.
Error 40104 typically means that there is some connectivity issue that is hindering the iPhone, iPad or iPad from connecting to the Netflix service. Usually, the Netflix error 40104 occurs when you use a browser that does not support streaming and hence interrupts with the Netflix player. Hence you are unable to stream TV shows, movies and other content on Netflix.
When Does Netflix Error Code 40104 Occurs?
- The most common reason for this error is when Netflix is down. In such a situation all you can do is wait for the issue to be resolved on their end.
- There can be network connectivity problems with the device.
- If you are trying to airplay the title that has been downloaded.
- If the Netflix app is not upgraded to the latest version.
Restart the Device
- Hold and press the sleep/wake button until the red slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider to the right to switch it off.
- Wait for a few seconds and then switch it on again by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button. If you are having trouble in restarting device then try contact expert guidance.
- Once the device is turned on, check whether the Netflix app still has the error or it is gone.
Check the Network Connection
Internet connectivity is another reason behind Netflix error 40104. Mostly because the internet prevents the device from connecting to the Netflix service. Therefore, it is important to check the internet connectivity to resolve this error.
Make sure you are not connected to a network that blocks the streaming of the app. To get more information about your network connection you can try .
Re-download the Title Again
Check if you are experiencing error 40104 on the titles that you have downloaded. If yes, then you will have to download the titles again. This is because many times the error can occur if the downloaded video has lapsed. You can follow these steps to re-download the titles.
- Go to the download icons, tap on it. After this go to my downloads.
- Now, tap on the edit option.
- After that tap on the red X icon. This will help in removing the downloaded titles and then you can download them again.
Turn off the Airplay Mode
While removing downloaded titles you must turn off the airplay as it does not help any further. Therefore, it must be turned off. Follow these steps to turn off airplay.
- Go to the Netflix app and then check for the airplay option.
- Here you will have to choose the iOS device you are using from the given option.
- Now, go to Netflix ap and resume the video. This will more likely resolve the error 40104.
Reinstall the Netflix App
Sometimes you may not realize but an outdated version of the Netflix app can cause a lot of errors and error code 40104 is one of them. Reinstall the app and then download the updated version.
However, uninstalling the app will also delete the titles so make sure you re-download them again.
Connect the Device to the Modem Directly
If you have tried the above-mentioned steps but are still unable to resolve the error then you can try this method. You can avoid the router and instead connect with the modem. Follow these steps:
- Switch off the device in use.
- Now, connect the device with the modem directly using an ethernet cable.
- Turn off the modem and also switch off the power for at least a minute.
- Plug it to the power source and wait for the lights on the modem to go stable. If lights continue to blink.
- Now, switch on the device and go to the Netflix app to check if the error is resolved.