Netflix Error -115
Netflix errors can be very stressful and frustrating at the same time. Are you seeing Netflix error 115 on your screen? Then, do not worry as you are not all alone in this frustrating situation.
Netflix is one of the most popular applications out there. It has an inexpensive subscription for all and offers a great experience to all its subscribers.
Netflix Error 115 However, just like any other application, you can experience technical glitches and issues while using streaming content on Netflix. But the good thing is that these errors are not permanent and can be resolved with a little bit of assistance
What is Netflix error 115?
If you are experiencing Netflix Error 115 then you need to know that you are not alone. There are a number of Netflix subscribers that experience errors while streaming. Most of the times you will be prompted with messages like “you cannot use Netflix on this device from this location” or “Unable to connect to Netflix.
Please try again later”. If you are seeing these messages on your screen then you are most likely to experience this error. Sometimes Netflix may experience an outage and as a result, you may experience this error. Rest of the times you can follow the solutions mentioned in this blog to fix the Netflix Error 115.
Steps to Resolve Netflix Error 115
Here are some of the solutions if you want to fix error 115. These troubleshooting steps are some of the most basic troubleshooting steps.
Update the Network Settings
Most of the time when you experience Netflix error 115 you are more likely to experience an issue in the network. However, it can be fixed easily by updating the network settings. You can follow these steps to update.
- Go to the main menu.
- Here go to the settings option and choose.
- Go to the general option and select it.
- Select the network option here.
- Choose the network option between wi-fi or Ethernet.
- If you have Wi-Fi then select the ‘Wi-Fi network’. Choose configure IP, and then select an automatic option. Then go to DNS, select configure DNS and then select automatically.
- If you select an ethernet option then follow these steps. Go to the ethernet option. Select configure IP and then choose the automatic option. Then choose to configure DNS and then select an automatic option.
Then press the menu option to return the main menu. See if this resolves the Netflix error 115. If you are unable to resolve this error with the help of the above-mentioned steps connect with the experts to get the best solution for this error.
Restart the Home Network
Restarting the home network can help you in fixing error 115. All you need to do is follow a few easy steps and the error can be resolved in just a matter of a few minutes. However, make sure to unplug the device for at least a minute or so. Here is a step by step guide to restart the home network.
- Turn off the streaming media player and unplug it.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug out the modem and the router also. Wait for a while.
- Plugin the modem and the router and wait for the lights to get stable. It may take some time.
- Plugin and turn the streaming media player.
Try Connecting the Streaming Media Player to the Modem Directly
If you are using a wireless network and the solution mentioned earlier just did not work then do not lose hope.
- First of all, you need to turn off the streaming media player.
- Using an ethernet cable plugged in the media player directly with the modem.
- Plug out the power of the modem for at least a minute.
- Then, again plug in the power and wait until all of the lights on the modem are stable. If the indicator lights keep blinking then try connecting with experts . The experts have the knowledge and expertise to guide you properly.
- Plugin and turn on the streaming media player.
Try Restoring the Default Settings
Sometimes the Netflix error 115 may occur because you have changed the settings of the connection. In such a situation you will have to restore the default settings and the error will be easily fixed. You can follow these steps to fix this error in real-time.
- Check whether you are connected to a VPN or proxy server, as it may be the reason behind error 115. You will have to disable the VPN connection or the proxy server and then connect to the home network.
Check if you have changed the streaming media player to custom DNS settings. You will have to reset the streaming device to DNS automatic. If you need to understand how to change DNS setting try technical person. The experts will guide you and help you find the best solution.
Improve the Wi-Fi Signals
The reason behind Netflix error code 115 could be poor wi-fi signals this can be resolved easily by following few steps.
- Try changing the location of the router. Most of the time of the router is located in the middle of your home it shows better signals.
- Move the wireless devices away from the router. Wireless interference and result in weaker signals most of the times.
- Raise the router to an elevated position. Elevating the position of the router can many times result in better wi-fi signals.