Netflix Error -112
Are you unable to connect to your Netflix? Are you seeing Netflix error 112 on your screen? Then you must know that this error is quite common and it can be resolved by following just a few steps. In this blog, we are going to discuss in detail about e Netflix error 112 and how you can fix it yourself.
Netflix is one of the topmost streaming applications that allows you to watch all kinds of movies, TV shows, Live shows and so much more. The app can be used to stream content on different kinds of devices and enjoy unlimited content available on Netflix. Netflix also allows you to download the shows and then watch them later.
However, many times while using the app you may face errors that may hamper you from watching the content. Though this may look very terrifying this is not a big problem as it can be resolved by following a few steps.
Netflix not working: How to Resolve this Problem
Netflix users get very familiar with the term “Netflix not working”. However, this situation is very overwhelming as one does not know what to do and where to go to resolve this as soon as possible. Whether you are using an Apple TV, Xbox or any other device for that manner, Netflix errors can be observed on any of the devices.
The first thing that you need to do when you experience an error while watching content on Netflix is to check whether ‘Netflix is down’. If Netflix is down then the good news is that it is down for all of the users. However, the bad news is that you cannot do anything about it. To check about Netflix’s status the best thing to do is to go to Netflix’s official page and see for any update there.
There are different kinds of errors that you may come across while using Netflix. However, in this blog, we are going to discuss Netflix error 112 in detail.
Steps to Resolve Netflix Error 122
If you find Netflix error 122 on your screen then it means that there is some connectivity problem that is disabling the device to connect with the Netflix service. However, sometimes there can be an issue with the Netflix application as well. You can follow these steps to resolve Netflix error 122.
Ensure the Connected Network Supports Streaming
Sometimes you may be connected to a network that just does not support streaming.
It can be dues to several reasons. However, as a result, your device may be unable to connect to the Netflix service. Mostly when you are connected to a network of a hotel, university, office, and others you are likely to experience this problem. Here is what you can do to check this problem.
- Connect with your Internet Service Provider to check the streaming service. Also, make sure it is not blocked.
- Usually, public networks have a poor bandwidth so that could be the reason for Netflix error 122.
However, if you are connected to a cellular network and are experiencing the Netflix error 122 then try a different network. Try calling the experts to get guidance on the same.
Restart the Device
Many times, restarting the device can resolve q lot of issues and Netflix error 122 is no different. It may be a very simple step but it can be very useful most of the time.
- Turn off the device.
- Unplug the power source of the device and then wait for a minute.
- Plugin the device.
- Then, turn on the device
- Check Netflix to see if the issue is resolved.
Uninstall and Re-install the App
If the Netflix error 122 is still unresolved you will have to remove the Netflix app and then download it again.
- Go to the home screen using the remote.
- Look for Netflix and then select ok.
- Then, go to the downloads and select it.
- You will have to choose the download option as a confirmation.
- Choose the next option.
- Choose download and then continue.
- Now, go to the home screen of the device to check the error is resolved or not.
Reset the DNS Settings
DNS setting is another way that can help you in resolving Netflix error 122. You can follow these steps to change DNS settings on your device however, you need to know that the steps for changing DNS settings may vary slightly depending upon the device that you are using to stream content on Netflix.
- Navigate the remote and go to the home screen.
- Go to the settings.
- Select the ‘internet’ option. And then select ‘connect to the internet’ option here.
- Choose connections.
- Select your home network name.
- Select the DNS option on the right. If you are unable to find the DNS settings option for your device.
- Choose an auto-obtain option here.
- You will have to confirm it.
Restart the Home Network
Restarting the home network can help in fixing the Netflix error 122. You will have to follow a few steps to Restart the home network.
- Turn off the device.
- Plug out the modem and the router for a few seconds.
- Plugin the modem and the router and then wait until the lights on them are stable.
- Now, turn on the device and check if the Netflix error 122 is fixed.
Tips to Improve your Network Connectivity
Since most of the time, the Netflix error 122 occurs when there is a problem in the connectivity of the network. Here is what you can improve the connection if you are connected to a wireless network.
- Move the modem and the router to a different location usually closer.
- Wireless interference can create a problem in the wi-fi signals. So, moving wireless devices can be helpful.
- Keep the router on a slightly higher or raised position.
If these steps are not able to resolve the Netflix error 122 then the last thing that you can do is connect with an expert. Getting technical support from professionals is the best thing to do.