Do you own Roku? Is your Hulu not working on Roku? If you are facing any troubles with your Roku device then you do not have to worry as these issues are very common and can be fixed in just a few steps.
In this blog, we are going to discuss some of the most common problems you may experience while Hulu not working on Roku device.
Here are some of the ways that can help you resolve the Hulu problems you may face on your Roku device.
Check if Hulu not working on Roku or Hulu down
If you see messages like “Sorry, an error has occurred while streaming”, “video is unavailable”, or “unable to reach Hulu”. Then you need to check if Hulu not working on Roku or down. You can check the official page of Hulu to check for any update regarding Hulu is down or not. If Hulu is down then you will see several complaint messages on their official site.
If Hulu is down then there is nothing you can do but wait for the problem to be resolved on their own. However, if Hulu is not down you shall proceed with further steps.
Check the Internet Connection
Internet connection is yet another common reason for Hulu not working on Roku problem.
To check if the internet connection is working properly you can check other streaming applications on the same network.
If you are experiencing a problem in internet connection get in touch with the experts for help regarding internet connectivity.
Restart the Roku Device if Hulu not working on Roku
If the Roku has been updated to receive the latest Hulu app, and you are still facing any issue then you will have to restart the Roku device. Here are the steps that you need to follow to restart the Roku:
- Take out the plug of your Roku device. Then, wait for a minute.
- Plugin the Roku device and turn it on. Again, wait for some time.
- Navigate to the Roku home screen and then go to the settings option.
- In the settings menu open system and then power.
- Choose the ‘system restart’ option. If you are unable to reach out to the system restart option try connecting with the Roku technicians . The professionals will help you in troubleshooting the problem.
These steps will help in fixing Hulu not working on Roku problem then you can try the other methods mentioned below.
Soft Reset Roku
If you are having Hulu not working on Roku problem then another best thing to do is to soft reset the Roku. By soft-reset Roku it simply means that it will restart the Roku without and data loss or change in the settings. Here is what you need to do for soft reset your Roku device:
Using the Remote
- Press the ‘home’ button 5 times.
- Now, press the ‘up’ button once.
- Two times press ‘rewind’ button.
- Two times press the ‘fast forward’ button.
Using Menu – Hulu Not Working on Roku
- Navigate to the home screen.
- Go to the settings option.
- Select the system option and then go to the power option.
- Now select system restart option.
Sometimes you can also find the system reset button on the back of the device depending on the model you are using. However, if nothing works then unplug the power source for 10-20 seconds and the plug-in back.
Hard Reset Roku Device
Hard reset is another easy troubleshooting method that can help in fixing Hulu not working on Roku problem. Here is what you need to do for hard reset Roku.
- Navigate to go to the settings option.
- Select the system option. Then go to advanced system settings and select it.
- Here you will find factory reset option.
Select ‘ok’ or ‘yes’ option.