Comcast xfinity offers users a wide range of services like high speed internet. It is a popular service by xfinity. And that is probably one of the reasons you would want to connect to it through a Wi-Fi network. So, are you thinking of how to set up Xfinity WiFi? In this blog, we help you understand Set up Xfinity WiFi and where to call if you need expert help.
Setting up a wireless network with a high-speed internet modem and a wireless router offers you a wide range of mobility unlike in wired connections. Xfinity offers a wide selection of modems and router. Xfinity offers you a modem and router combination just in case you need wireless connectivity, and a cable modem if you do not need a router. If you are connecting to a place that has wiring, then all you need to do is install the modem, connect it to the cable and the power source. And at last, connect the device with the wireless network using an ethernet cable. Let us discuss these steps in detail for better understanding.
How to Set Up Xfinity Wi-Fi?
Setting up the Modem
You can Set up Xfinity WiFi modem wherever you want, a place of your choice, however, make sure the modem is connected to the power source with the alternate current.
- If you have a self-install kit then the first thing that you need to do is to connect the modem and the router with the cable TV outlet. You would have already received a coaxial cable with the installation kit.
- Take the coaxial cable and connect it with the cable TV coax and the other one with the cable connector that is behind the modem.
- After this, plug in the modem into the power outlet with the help of a power adapter.
- Make sure the modem is turned on and then try syncing the modem with the Xfinity network. If you are having trouble in syncing the modem try calling Xfinity experts at 1-888-335-1333 for assistance they will guide How to Set up Xfinity WiFi.
- As soon as the modem is connected the online light on the device will light up.
Xfinity offers a wide selection of modems ad routers however, whichever model you have tried connecting the coaxial cable to the cable outlet and see if that works.
Setting up the Network
How to Set up Xfinity WiFi? Well, setting up the network is an important step while you are trying to set up Xfinity Wifi. Depending upon the type of modem and the router you have received, you can connect the device using the ethernet cable or wireless.
- If you only need to connect one device to the network and it is located closer to the modem, then you can use the ethernet cable to connect with the Xfinity wi-fi. The ethernet cable must be in your Xfinity kit.
- However, if you want to connect several devices then you will have to use a combination if ethernet cable and wireless connections to connect with the network. At the same, you can connect all of the devices wirelessly as well.
- Connect the ethernet cable with the back of the modem. Now connect the other ethernet cable with the ethernet port on the router. Also, make sure the router is connected to an AC power source.
- Connect the other ethernet cable with one of the four boards that you will see on the wireless router.
Now connect the ethernet cable with the ethernet port which is located on the backside of the computer.
Wireless Setup Page
- Go to the wireless setup page.
- Set the internet connection to an automatic configuration.
- It will automatically set up the settings as per the Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You can give the wireless connect a new username and then save the settings.
Locating the Wireless Security Page
- Go to the wireless security settings.
- Select the wireless encryption you want to have.
- Now, set a password for the encrypted wireless connection.
- Now, save the settings and exit the wireless security page.
Check the Network Connection
- Go to the network connection page.
- Here you will have to choose the SSID of your Xfinity wireless network.
- Now, choose the ‘connect’ option.
- Go to the web browser you use and go to a web page to check if the wireless network is working or not.
Checking the IP Address
- Go to the web browser.
- Type the IP address of the wireless router here and then press enter.
- You can find the IP address either under the wireless router o the user manual that you would have received.
- Now enter the username of the wireless router and the password.
- If the router has an installation CD then you can also use it to set up the router rather than doing it step by step. All you need to do is install the CD and then follow the guideline. However, if you are stuck in between the steps you can connect with Xfinity experts at 1-888-335-1333 for help and also understand how to setup Xfinity WiFi steps.
Change the Settings
If you want to change the name of the network then you can do so. Usually, by default, the username of the router is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’. You can change it by following these guidelines.
- Log in to your account.
- Chang the network SSID and password here.
- This will change the default username and the password usually found on the bottom of the router.
However, if you forget the username and the password you will have to factory reset which will return to default settings.
Set up Xfinity Wifi is quite easy if you follow the steps that are mentioned above. The step by step guidelines will allow you to Set up Xfinity WiFi in just a matter of a few minutes an enjoy a high-speed internet service throughout the range.
However, sometimes despite following the steps you may not be able to setup Xfinity Wi-Fi, in such a situation getting help from Xfinity experts is always good.
You can call Xfinity technicians at 1-888-335-1333 for support.