How to Pair Roku Remote
How to Pair Roku Remote-Roku devices are very popular in the country as they offer a complete solution to cord-cutting and streaming your favorite content available on the streaming channels. If you want to stream your favorite TV shows, series, movies then streaming channels like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu TV, BBC are available for you. All you need to do is add the channel and activate it, and then you can stream everything at the comfort of your home. Besides, the Roku remote control makes it even easier to navigate and control the Roku device.
A Quick Guide on How to Pair Roku Remote
Roku is definitely one of the most popular streaming devices available in the market. The Roku does not only offer you an interesting and entertaining way. However, to use the Roku remote control you need to first learn how to pair Roku remote. Pairing a remote allows you to control the Roku device without any hassle, however, learning to pair the remote is also crucial.
In this blog, we are going to cover the steps that you need to follow to pair the Roku remote.
But if you are facing any difficulty while trying to pair the Roku remote then get in touch with the Roku team of experts for technical information and assistance.
Learn About Roku Remotes: How to Pair Roku Remote?
Talking about the Roku remotes they are of two types: Infrared and Enhanced Roku remote. So, if you are using Infrared Roku remote then you need to be in the line of sight of the Roku device while using it. While on the other hand, the Enhanced Roku remote uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and you do not even need to be in the line of sight of the Roku device. But, for both the Roku remotes you need to learn how to pair Roku remote.
The reason why you need to understand about Roku remote is because of the steps for pairing both the Roku remotes are different.
How to Pair Roku Remote that is Infrared?
So, if you are trying to pair the Roku infrared remote then you will have to follow a few steps. If you are using infrared Roku remotes then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the first step, you need to switch on the Roku device and the also switch on the power source.
- Now, put the batteries inside the Roku remote. The type of battery you want to insert depends on the Roku model you are using.
- Then press the buttons on the Roku remote. It will automatically start pairing the Roku remote. Another thing to note here is that point the Roku remote towards the Roku device while using it.
These are the steps that you need to follow for how to pair Roku remote. But if you are confused or the pairing does not happen for infrared Roku remote then get in touch with the Roku technicians for help.
How to Pair Roku Remote for Enhanced Remotes?
When you use enhanced remotes then it does not matter where you are pointing as they will still work. Usually, enhanced remotes come with voice control, remote finding alert, on/off button, and some other features. If your Roku remote comes under the enhanced remote category and used Radio Frequency for functioning then follow these steps for pairing.
- Put in the batteries in the Roku remote.
- Now, switch on the Roku device.
- Now, keep the Roku remote closer to the Roku Device as it will immediately pair the Roku remote with the device.
How to Pair Roku Remote using the Paring Button?
So, if you want to pair the Roku remote by using the pairing remote then you cannot do it for remotes. The pairing button is only available in the enhanced remote but not in the IR remotes. Follow the steps mentioned below to pair the enhanced Roku remote using the pairing button.
- Take out the batteries form the Roku remote. You can find the pairing button above the battery compartment.
- Now, press the Roku pairing button. Once you pair the Roku remote using the remote a light will flash on the remote.
These are the steps that you need to follow to pair the Roku remote using the pairing button. However, if you are facing any issue then get help from the Roku experts for how to pair Roku remote.
Steps for Synching the Roku Remote without using the Pairing Button
If the Roku remote is not having a pairing button below the battery compartment then it means that the remote is a standard remote. You can follow these steps to sync a standard Roku remote.
- So, you need to understand that the Roku remote will only work properly if there is no hindrance between the Roku remote and Roku device. So, before pointing towards the Roku device make sure to remove any obstacles that are obstructing or coming in between.
- Many times, pairing or synching just won’t happen if the batteries are not placed properly. So, take out the batteries out from the compartment and then place them properly. Now, point the remote towards the Roku device and see if this works or not.
- If the tips mentioned above do not work then you need to change the batteries. There are chances that the batteries are drained, so changing than can help in fixing the issue. Insert new batteries properly in the compartment and see if the problem is fixed.
If this does not help in pairing the Roku remote then you may have to get a new remote. You can also try following the same steps for repairing the Roku remote and wait for some time.
But before that, you can also get in touch with the Roku experts for help. They will not only help in understanding how to pair Roku remote but will also help you in resolving the pairing issue. If you are using a new remote or third part remote for controlling the Roku device, then the Roku technicians will also help you in pairing the remote. So, contact the Roku technical support team for help and a technical solution.