How to factory reset Amazon Kindle Fire
If you are going to sell or give away your Amazon Kidle Tablet then in order to delete all the data from the device you must have to do a factory default reset of your device. It is the best way to clear all the data from the device if you are giving it away.
You can do a factory default reset of Kindle Fire easily, it depends on the generation that how you can do a factory reset. Most of the steps are similar in all the generations of Kindle but a bit different.
In this article, we will put all the possible ways by which you can do a factory reset of your Kindle Tablet. If you face intricacy with your Kindle Fire moreover, you are cherished to contact us or ask your concern and we will assuredly find out solutions for any technical problem.
How to factory reset Kindle Fire, Methods
Based on the generation of the Kindle Fire, you can do a factory reset but the menu theme and options can be slightly different on the device, you can choose them according to your generation of Kindle Device. Below is the way to factory reset the 5th generation of Amazon Kindle Fire.
Before doing a Factory reset, make sure to back up the data if you want to save the files and data to get it back after resetting. In case you cant understand how to do it, you can call our technical support team for the right guide.
How to back up data on Kindle Fire before factory resetting?
While doing a factory reset on Kindle Tablet, keep in mind that it will delete all the data and files from the device like; e-books, TV shows, games, and videos. However, the data can be saved in your account of Amazon Kindle but if you are fearing to lose it then you should back up the data by a few steps.
- Go to settings> tap device option> back up and restore.
- To turn on back up, tap on the switch option.
- By doing that, your device automatically starts back up.
After doing a back up of all the device, you can do a factory reset in two ways, it’s up to you that how will you do the factory reset.
How to factory reset Kindle Fire, Method one
In this method, you can do a factory reset of Kindle Fire by switching off the device. After you switch off the Kindle, take these steps:
- First, press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously.
- When you see the Kindle icon on the screen, release the held keys.
- Then, a menu will appear on the screen, from there, choose to wipe data/factory reset option by the power button
- Now, scroll down by volume button and select yes delete all user data by pressing the power button again.
- It will need a few times to reset and formatting to appear on the screen.
- At last, select the given option “ Reboot system now” via pressing the power button.
- Now it’s all done, the factory reset operation is finished here. It will take a few moments to get ready to start the Kindle device.
How to factory reset Kindle Fire, Method two
Here, we are telling you another approach by which you can execute a factory reset of Kindle without putting it to switch off option. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to settings by swiping down the screen.
- In settings, tap the “ Device option” from the appeared menu.
- Now, hit on the “ reset to factory default” option given in the list.
- Now, a confirmation option will appear. Tap the “ reset’ option.
At last, your device will show a progressive manner and after resetting operation it will restart again. You can do a factory reset by using one of these two methods. If you might having difficulty, call our technical support team now and ask you’re concerned issue.