The printer is one of the most essential devices used in our day to day life. However, while using printers one needs to be very careful as it must be handled very carefully.
It is quite obvious that while using any device like a printer you must be very careful while handling it.
That is why you must get deep knowledge and understand the features no matter which brand of printer you are using.
Many times you would also want to delete the history of a printer because of any reason. So, you need to know that the printer history can be easily erased if you follow the steps carefully.
In this blog, we are going to discuss in detail the steps that you need to take to delete printer history.
However, in case you are confused or are unable to delete it on your own then get in touch with the printer technical support team for help.
Steps for Deleting Printer History on your own
Printer history is the data or information that is recorded in the log as activities that are sent to the printer.
These activities can be anything ranging from sent print jobs, documents that have been printed previously, documents that have been canceled.
Many times users may be interested in looking at these terms and also monitor the history and activity of the printer.
It is because many times duplicate print jobs may be sent to the printer and many times these print jobs may be unsuccessful.
So, how do you check the history of your printer? Well, it is quite easy and you can do it by accessing the Control Panel of your computer.
You can also delete the printer history once you access the activity logs on the Windows Explorer.
Here are the steps that you can follow for Deleting Printer History
- Go to the start button on your computer and then open the Control Panel in the menu icon of the taskbar.
- Now under the Control Panel option click on the Hardware and Sound option. Here you need to select the link of the printer and then Hardware and Sound sub-menu.
- Now search for your printers icon link in the window that opens up.
- Now click on the link of the printer and highlight it. Then choose the option that says ‘see what’s printing’ in the menu of the next window.
- Now, you will see a pop-up window in which you can easily find out the history of the printer in detail.
- Now, for deleting the history of the printer. Right-click on the printer history or activity that you want to delete. You can find the printer history tabs right below the column for the document name.
- Now choose the cancel or cancel all document option from the menu that appears on the screen for viewing and deleting the activity and history of the printer.
- By using the cancel option you ca delete or erase a particular document of activity of the printer.
- On the other hand, cancel all documents will erase the history of the printer simultaneously.
These are some of the steps that you need to take to wipe off or erase the history of the printer.
You can surely delete either a particular document and even all of the documents that are shown in the history.