Is your Fire TV remote not working? Are having a problem accessing your Fire TV remote? Then this guide will help you fix Firestick Remote Stopped Working problem easy and quick. If the Fire TV remote is gone or completely disconnected then this could be because of the dead batteries.
You must understand that the Fire TV remote uses a lot of battery so you need to change the batteries from time to time. One of the best solutions is to replace the batteries when the Fire TV remote not working.
Fire TV is an amazing streaming media player that allows you to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, series, animations, play games and much more.
Fire TV remote is not working – It has thousands of apps that you can install and activate, to watch all kinds of stuff using the Fire TV. Whether you want to watch streaming videos, listen to streaming audios, play games Fire TV is surely your thing.
The Fire TV comes with a remote that allows you to control and navigate the menu without any hassle. Though these remotes work to the best of their abilities many times the users have to face Fire TV remote not working problem.
These remotes are very different from the usual remotes that you have been using so trying to figure what is exactly wrong with the Fire TV remote is difficult. If you are having any problem with the Fire Tv remote not working then, first of all, do not panic as this problem can be easily fixed by following a few solutions.
It is quite difficult to predict what is exactly wrong with the Fire TV remote. But usually, there are some common reasons why the Fire TV remote may not be working. Some of the most common reasons mentioned below so that you can know what is exactly wrong with the remote.
- One of the most obvious reasons why the Fire TV remote not working issue occurs is because of the drained batteries. Check the batteries and make sure they are inserted properly. You may even have to replace the batteries.
- If the Fire TV remote not working then maybe it is not paired properly. If you have got a replacement remote then you will have to try to pair the remote again. If you want to know how to pair the replacement remote get in touch with the technical support team.
- The Fire TV remote work on the Bluetooth instead of using infrared. However, if the Bluetooth remote is not in the range it will not work properly.
- While using the Fire TV remote you do not have to be in direct line of sight however, obstacles and hindrances can drastically reduce the range.
- Another thing that you need to check while using the Fire TV remote is if it is compatible with the Firestick. It is an important criterion to consider while using replacement remotes.
- Damages like water and other faults can ruin the Fire TV remote. So, make sure things are working properly.
These are some of the reasons why the Fire TV remote not working problem occurs in the first place. However, if you are facing this issue quite frequently then make sure to get help from the Fire TV remote technicians.
Once you know exactly what is causing the problem with the Fire TV remote you can follow the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue with the remote.
Restart the Fire Stick
It may sound very cliché but restarting the Firestick can help in fixing a lot of problems. Especially, if you are facing minor issues then it can help in fixing the problem.
Once the Firestick is restarted you will get a message for pairing the remote. Follow the steps to pair the remote and then check if the problem is fixed.
Take Out the Batteries of the Fire TV Remote
Many times, the problem can occur if the batteries are not placed properly in the compartment. Take out the batteries of the remote and then wait for some time. Then place the batteries in the remote very carefully.
Replace the Batteries
If the above steps do not work then there are chances that the battery is completely drained. You can change the batteries and then check of Fire TV remote not working problem is fixed. Make sure to insert the correct batteries for the remote.
Clean the Compartments of the Battery
Many times, the battery compartment can be dirty and corrosive so cleaning then is important. Clean the compartments of the battery and also the metal connectors. Now, put the batteries and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Try Pairing the Fire TV Remote
If Fire TV not working is still not working then you can try to pair it with the device again. It is an easy way to resolve Fire TV not working problem quickly. Press the home button on the Fire Tv remote. Once the pairing is complete you will be prompted with a confirmation message.
You need to repeat the same process if the pairing is not happening. However, if you are facing any issue while pairing the remote then get in touch with the Fire TV remote technicians for help.
Try Pairing the Fire TV Remote with Another Button
While pressing the home button is the way to pair the Fire TV remote, there are instances when the remote will just not pair. So, you can try this method to pair the Fire TV remote. Press the play/pause button simultaneously and then press and hold the homes button. This is another way to pair the Fire TV remote.
Reset the Fire TV Remote
If nothing works then the last resort to fix Fire TV remote not working problem is by resetting the remote. Go the menu and then back button and the left navigation key to reset the Fire TV remote. Now turn on the Firestick, now you will have to pair the Fire TV remote. Follow the steps to pair the remote.
If your Firestick Remote Stopped Working or you are having a problem while using Fire Tv remote or simply if the remote does not pair then try these steps.
- Make sure to see the remote is connected with the Fire TV properly.
- Go to the settings > controllers > Bluetooth device.
- Now you will be able to see the list of devices that are paired with the Fire TV remote. Here you can check if the remote is paired or not.
These steps definitely work if your Fire TV Remote Not working.
If Fire TV remote not working is the issue you are facing then here are few things that you can try.
Replace the Batteries
If the Firestick remote stopped working then replacing the battery is the first thing that you need to do. Battery drainage is one of the most common reasons why Fire TV remote not working. Just like any other remote Fire TV remote also drains. That is why you will have to charge the battery. Remove the back cover of the Fire TV remote. Add new batteries. Add the cover of the remote and check if it is working or not.
Try Pairing the Remote
If the Fire TV remote is not paired properly then you might experience Fire Tv remote not working problem. Follow these steps for the proper pairing of the remote.
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote for a minute at least. Wait for some time for the remote to pair with the Fire TV.
- If it does not pair, unplug the power.
- One the device is turned off; you will have to reset the Fire TV. To do so, keep pressing the Back button and the left side of the navigating ring simultaneously. Hold, the mentioned buttons. This step is not for pairing the remote but it will help to reset the settings. If you are having a problem while pairing the Fire TV remote try calling Fire TV technicians for assistance.
- Takeout the batteries from the Fire TV remote. Plugin the Fire TV. Check for the home screen to appear.
- Insert the batteries into the Fire TV remote and wait for few seconds.
Now, press and hold the homes button for a few seconds for it to pair.Fix Fire TV Remote Not Working.
If you have purchased a new model of Amazon Fire TV then you can follow the above-mentioned points. However, if you are using third party remote then check if the remote is compatible with the Fire TV. Connect with a Fire TV expert to check whether the remote is compatible or not.