Ecobee Not Connecting to the Wi-Fi Problem Solved 2020
Ecobee thermostat is an amazing device that allows you to control the temperature using the remote control from anywhere. The Ecobee device is surely a great solution for those who are looking for a smart solution to control the temperature of every room at your house.
The Ecobee thermostat provides users with various features that make everything not only convenient but also innovative for the users.
The Ecobee thermostats work using the wi-fi connection with the SmartThings so that you can monitor and control the temperature of your home with ease.
If you have Ecobee 3 then you can use its remote sensor to control the temperature and motion in different rooms. However, for this, you do need to create an Ecobee account and connect the Ecobee thermostat with the SmartThings.
Moreover, it is also important to be connected to a stable wi-fi network while using the Ecobee thermostat otherwise you are most likely to experience a problem like Ecobee not connecting to wi-fi. This problem can occur because of various reasons however, you can troubleshoot the issue easily by following the basic solutions.
Ecobee Not Connecting to Wi-Fi Solutions
If you are having an unstable wi-fi network then it is most likely to create a problem while using the Ecobee thermostat. However, you can also skip the wi-fi configuration step and use the Ecobee as a traditional thermostat.
But skipping the wi-fi configuration you won’t be able to enjoy the amazing features like using Alexa voice assistance, Home IQ, weather update, and more. So, we recommend completing the wi-fi configuration steps always.
If you are facing Ecobee not connecting to the wi-fi problem then there are chances that the signal strength of the wi-fi network is poor so try improving it.
Here are some of the steps that you can follow to improve the signal strength of the wi-fi network you have connected the Ecobee with.
- Make sure the distance between the devices and the router is not much. This is because the farther the devices are the weaker the signal will get.
- Many times, the wi-fi signal may get poor or weak because of obstacles and obstructs like walls, and furniture. So, to fix this problem you must move the objects that may be blocking the Wi-Fi signals.
- In some situations, interferences from wireless objects like Bluetooth devices may result in problems like Ecobee not connecting to wi-fi. Try turning off the wireless devices to fix the problem.
- Make sure the router is updated to the latest firmware software version to avoid issues with the network.
- If there has been a power outage and after that, there has been a problem with the Ecobee device then you need to make sure to power cycle the device. Unplug the device and then wait for a minute. After the plugin and check if the issue is fixed or not.
These are the steps that can help you improve the wi-fi signal strength but if the problem persists then you may have to reset the Ecobee thermostat. Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete the reset of the thermostat.
If the Ecobee not connecting to wi-fi and the device is running on the latest version but still showing issue then you need to reset it.
- In the first steps reset the network settings of the Ecobee thermostat. Go to the Settings option and then choose the reset options and then open the network.
- Then you need to reset the Ecobee thermostat itself. For this go to the Settings and then choose the Reset option. Then restart the device.
- Once the Ecobee thermostat starts working again. Go to the Settings and then choose the network you want to connect the device to.
Ecobee thermostat allows you to control and monitor the temperature of every room at your home. However, for the device to work properly, it must be connected to a stable wi-fi network connection.
If you are facing problems like Ecobee not connecting to wi-fi then you can follow the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem. If the problem is still unresolved then you must get in touch with the Ecobee support team for help and assistance.