Amazon prime Video not working is one of the most common problems experienced by most of the Amazon prime video users. Imagine you are all geared up to watch the latest show on Amazon prime, but the video simply does not work or load. It is one of the most frustrating things. In this blog, we will learn some of the most basic troubleshooting tips that can help you fix if Amazon prime not working.
Amazon prime video is a streaming service that you can avail for free with Amazon Prime. It offers a wide range of streaming content like top-rated TV shows, movies, TV series and so much more. You can avail the Amazon prime services on Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation 4, iPad, iPhone, Android, and many devices.
Most of the users’ experience Amazon prime Video not working problem every now and then. These problems may arise because of network connectivity problems or error codes that you may come across while using the Amazon prime services. If you are experiencing problems like ‘Amazon prime not working…Try again later’, or ‘Amazon prime service disconnected’ then you need to fix the problems to use the Amazon prime services back again.
Are you facing problems in streaming content on Amazon Prime not working? Are you facing issues in downloading Amazon prime videos? Then, here are some of the basic troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix Amazon prime video not working or streaming issue.
Check if Amazon Prime is Down
The first thing that you need to do is to check if the Amazon prime video not working or down. Sometimes the problem is not your home network or the device you are using, but the problem could be ‘Amazon prime is down’. In such a case you need to check the official page of Amazon prime for any update or information regarding Amazon is down information.
If the Amazon prime video not working and there is an outage, you cannot do anything about but wait for the problem to be resolved by the Amazon itself. However, if Amazon is not down then you need to proceed further with the troubleshooting tips.
Check if the Device Meets Streaming Requirements
For Amazon prime video to work on your device it needs to meet up certain requirements other Amazon prime not working problem will occur. For Smart TVs, the criteria meet up. However, if you are using a personal computer for streaming then make sure it meets the following requirements:
For desktop computer
- Windows 7 or higher version OS.
- Mac 10.7 OS or higher version
For Internet Connection
900 Kbits/sec for standard definition video.
3.5 Mbits/sec for HD video.
Amazon Prime offers seamless service on iPad and iPhone. However, you may come across amazon prime video not working on your iOS device. In such a case, the best solution is to uninstall the app and then re-install it again.
- Go to the prime video icon. Press it for a minute.
- Now, tap on the ‘X’.
- Wait for uninstallation of the app.
- Then, you will have to restart the device. Get in touch with our technical support team if you are facing any problem in restarting the device or if your Amazon prime video is not working on iOS.
- Now, go to the App Store to reinstall the Amazon prime video app again.
You can easily reinstall the app from your mobile device. However, reinstalling the app from Smart TV or the Setup box is quite different. Follow these steps to reinstall the app from the TV or setup.
- Take out the plug of the power source of your TV. To do so, find the power button on the back of your TV.
You can also reset the app by resetting and clearing the cache data if Amazon prime not working .
- Go to the settings option on your device.
- Then go to the clear cache or clear data. Connect with the experts for help regarding clearing the cache data. The experts will assist you step by step through the process.
Are you facing trouble using Amazon prime video not working on Android? Then do not worry as you can troubleshoot the problem and use the device to stream content on Amazon prime. Here is what you need to do:
- Navigate the button to go to the home screen.
- Go to the ‘application manager’ option and select it.
- Now, choose the prime video option here.
- Tap on storage > clear data.
- Now, select ok and confirm it.
If the above-mentioned step does not work still Amazon Prime Video Not Working then you will have to reinstall the application. Follow these steps for further information.
- Go to the settings option.
- Go to ‘application manager’ and choose it.
- Now, select the prime video option.
- And, then go to the uninstall option.
- Press ‘ok’ to confirm the uninstallation of the app.
- Restart your phone and then reinstall the app from the Play store.
Fix Connection Issues for Amazon Prime Video Not Working
Fix Connection Issues for Amazon Prime Not Working
Connectivity problems and server issues are one of the most common reasons for Amazon Prime not working. Mostly, the server issues can be fixed quickly with the help of technical support from the professionals. First of all, you need to check the problem is caused by the server or not. To check it follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime video account on some other device. If Amazon Prime Video not working on that device also then wait for the problem to be resolved on Amazon’s end.
- Get in touch with your Internet Services Provider or the Amazon Prime expert team for support.
We have discussed some of the most common problems that you may come across while using Amazon prime video not working and their troubleshooting solutions. If you are facing Amazon prime not working problems and are unable to fix it on your own then seek help from the experts. Contact our team of professionals for the expertise and technical support .