Printers are the most widely used devices when it comes to office or personal use. There are several reasons why printers have becomes a part of our day to day life.
However, you also need to know that it is quite common to experience issues while using the printers.
This can happen because of several reasons; however, these issues need to be fixed immediately so that the printer can work without any issue again.
One of the most common reasons why you may come across printer issues is because of printer drivers.
Usually, when the drivers are incompatible or outdated it can result in many problems. And that is when you may have to reinstall the drivers.
Printer errors like ‘Windows failed to recognize the new hardware’ occur when you try to install the printer.
In many situations, this can happen when the printer drivers were not installed correctly or are corrupt.
That is why Windows are not able to recognize the hardware.
However, the issues related to the drivers of the printer are quite easy to fix and can be done in just a few minutes. In this blog, we are going to help you with reinstalling the printer drivers.
However, if you are new and have very less technical knowledge then get in touch with the technical support team for help.
What is a Printer Driver?
Before knowing the steps to reinstall the drivers first understand what they are. Printer drivers are the software that helps in converting the data you want to print in a specific for that is understood by the installed printer.
If you are experiencing issues with the printer drivers then it can happen because of two reasons.
- The printer driver configuration is done incorrectly.
- The printer drivers are incompatible with the new version of the Windows or the installed printer.
- The driver entry in the registry of the printer is incorrect.
- The malware has attacked the printer drivers.
These are some of the reasons why you may come across printer driver issues. However, it can be easily fixed if you reinstall the drivers.
Steps to Reinstall Printer Drivers
To fix the issue with the drivers of the printer you will have to reinstall the drivers. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Make sure all other programs are closed and then click on the start button on the computer.
- Right-click on the computer and then select the properties.
- If you are using Windows XP, then in the properties option click on the hardware.
- Then click on the Device Manager option that appears on the top of the corner. Then proceed with the 5th steps.
- If you are using Windows Vista, then click on the Device Manager option that appears on the top left corner. You will be prompted with a message to continue or cancel. Click on the continue option.
- Now under the Device Manager window, you will have to select the drivers for your printer. Mostly the drivers are located under the IEEE section.
- There can be more than one of the IEEE section so you need to find the drivers here.
- Now right-click on the printer driver.
- Under the properties section, you need to select the drivers of the printer. Then search for the uninstall option and click on it.
- Right-click on the printer under Device Manager. It should have a yellow mark. Here you need to select the update driver option.
- When prompted select the ‘yes’ option for updating the driver.
- Then click on the next and select install automatically option. It will automatically start searching for the latest driver.
- If the driver is installed the yellow mark should automatically go away from the printer.
These are some of the steps that you can follow to reinstall the latest version of the drivers for your printer.